1. Take in a sunset with a beautiful view of the skyline downtown. You can also mix it up by checking out vantage points from other buildings downtown that you might have overlooked. The Observation Deck at Carew Tower offers fantastic views. (Read more about my experience.)
2. Enjoy the creative fountains at Smale Riverfront Park.
3. Take in views of the Ohio River from the swings at Smale Riverfront Park.
4. Take a relaxing walk in the Labyrinth at Smale Riverfront Park.
5. Take a quick run through the fountains at Smale Riverfront Park...or just let your kids do it.
6. Visit the Krohn Conservatory which showcases more than 3,500 plant species from around the world and features special exhibits and programming.
7. Look for street art murals in Northern Kentucky. The Artworks Cincinnati Website is a great resource to find murals in the area.
8. Enjoy street art on the Cincinnati side, too. Be on the lookout for art that you haven't noticed before.
9. Take in a view of Washington Park at night.
11. Enjoy the activities at Fountain Square. There is always something to do or see with lots of free events and activities for everyone to enjoy.
12. Check out a restaurant in Over-the-Rhine or downtown that you haven't been to before. We recently went to the The Eagle for the first time after two prior attempts. The food is so good that you might want to rearrange your schedule to eat at low peak dining hours. The fried chicken and spoon bread are worth it. I promise.
13. You can also grab a bite to eat or drinks at a brewery that's new to you. There are so many great places to check out! We also went to the Sky Galley at Lunken Airport and loved watching the planes come in.
15. Enjoy a water sport. Whether it's boating, paddleboat, fishing, kayaking or canoeing. A local park or Morgan's Canoe Livery offer lots of options for your water adventures. (Read more about our canoe trip.)
16. Attend a Cincinnati Reds baseball game. Summer is better by enjoying America's favorite pasttime.
17. Take a hike and try a new trail. I know a beautiful spot at Sharon Woods will be even more gorgeous this fall.
18. Stop by The Root Beer Stand for a root beer float.
19. Take in a concert or movie at a local park. We enjoyed a great concert at Devou Park in Covington.
22. Get a dipped cone at a local classic like The Cone in West Chester.
This is just a glimpse of some of my favorite summer experiences in the Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky region. There is so much to do here all of the time. Half the fun is discovering somewhere new! What else would you add to the list? Join me by sharing your adventures on Instagram with the hashtag #SUMMERinCINCY.