Due to current health and safety restrictions, many of the usual events are not taking place or have altered their plans significantly. Below is a list of fireworks displays that will take place in 2020:
- The Cincinnati Reds are hosting Reds, White & Blue Fireworks Show at Coney Island on Friday, July 3. Gates open at 8:30pm, show starts at 10pm. A limited number of tickets are available (one ticket admits one vehicle, 6 people max per vehicle) on a first come, first serve basis.
- Red, White and Kaboom - Due to current orders regarding large gatherings, a special fireworks show that will be higher and easier to view throughout the city of Fairfield will be offered on Friday, July 3 at 9:30pm.
- The BOOM! - Experience this pyrotechnic skydiving show in Middletown on July 3 at 9:30pm.
- Harrison's 4th of July Celebration - A parade will be held in the afternoon and there's a fireworks display at dusk on July 4, 2020. Maintain a safe distance from other families in nearby parking lots.
- City of Hamilton Independence Day Fireworks - A fireworks show will be launched at 10pm on July 4 from Pyramid Hill (not open for viewing) that will be viewable by surrounding parks and open spaces like Miami University's Hamilton Campus. Enjoy Red, White & Carts at Pyramid Hill over the weekend then find your spot nearby to enjoy the fireworks.
- Metamora Fireman's Festival - The event includes activities, a parade and concludes with fireworks at dusk on July 4, 2020.
- Fireworks at Kings Island – On July 4, Season Passholders with a reservation to visit Kings Island can enjoy a 4th of July fireworks display at 10 p.m.
Some communities are hosting celebratory parades. Consider one of these:
- City of Montgomery Reverse Parade - Load the family in the car and drive through this parade that runs 10am-noon on Saturday, July 4, 2020.
- An independent 4th of July parade will take place in Edgewood, Kentucky beginning at 10am on Satuday, July 4, 2020.
- City of Independence, KY parade will begin at 11:00am on July 4, 2020. The longer route is planned from Summitview Academy to Simon Kenton High School to allow for appropriate social distancing of spectators. There will be a fireworks display in the evening that is intended for city residents to view from their homes.
- Middletown Rolling 4th of July Parade - Participate or spectate safely on Saturday, July 4 from 10am-noon.
- Pendleton County 4th of July Parade - Paricipants (vehicles only, no walking) and spectators are invited to this parade that begins at the Pendleton County Fairgrounds at 2pm on Saturday, July 4, 2020.
Celebrate virtually! Enjoy this live-streamed performance of patriotic and Americana tunes by the Cincinnati Pops Orchestra at Music Hall from 7:00-8:00pm on July 4th.
Enjoy the Great Outdoors
There are still plenty ways to relax and reconnect with friends and family in the great outdoors this holiday weekend. Grab some takeout and a frisbee and head to one of the many parks in the region that offer majestic views and ample green space. Stroll through downtown Cincinnati and see how many murals you can spot along the way. Not in downtown? There are more than 180 Artworks murals throughout the region to enjoy. Make reservations to enjoy a celebratory meal on a lovely patio. Or rent a Red Bike and breeze along the riverfront areas or throughtout the surrounding communities.
Summer Fun in the Cincinnati Region
Whether you're spending time with the whole family or just on a couple's adventure, here are some refreshing and reenergizing activities to consider as you rediscover the Cincinnati region.
- Consider some of these can't-miss things to do in the region
- Let the kids explore, play or cool off at these kid-friendly attractions
- Spend the day exploring the Ark Encounter including petting animals at the Ararat Ridge Zoo and ziplining at Eagle Aerial Adventures
- Shop for goods and food at historic Findlay Market. Grab a meal from one of many vendors and have a seat in the outdoor biergarten.
- Set sail aboard BB Riverboats on a sightseeing or dining cruise.
- Create your own beer adventure at some of the local craft breweries.
- Have fun without spending a dime at some of these free attractions.