- Fountain Square is the heart of it all during the parade with entertainment, food & beer available for purchase and more. To get a good spot, you’ll need to arrive in the morning hours and you may not have room to set up chairs. Same goes for the block east and west of the Square. This is the area to enjoy the parade and festivities with thousands of your closest friends.
- Head to Washington Park for a free community celebration with parade viewing near the north end/beginning of the route. Come early to snag a spot on the bleachers or bring some lawn chairs and set them up nearby along Race St. See below for more details on the event.
- If you’re just in it for the parade, set up your chairs along Race Street between Central Parkway and 6th Street or to the east of Fountain Square along Fifth Street near the end of the route. In either of these areas, you’re much more likely to snag a front row spot on the sidewalk.
Celebrate at these local parties
Friday, March 30th (Game Day)
- Reds Community Fund Charity Block Party – this celebration takes place at The Banks just outside the Reds ballpark and runs from 11am-4pm. Food and beverages are available plus there’s an all-day lineup of entertainment.
- The Opening Day Celebration on Fountain Square is quite popular and a good place to enjoy some food, local beer, and entertainment from 11am to 8pm. At 4:10pm the Reds game will air on the giant TV overlooking the Square.
- The Opening Day Celebration at Washington Park starts at 11am and is a family-friendly event with food, drinks, music and activities. The game will be shown on the Southwest Porch at 4:10pm.
- The Bob & Tom Show will broadcast live from JACK Cincinnati Casino starting at 5:30am on Opening Day. Stop by this free event in the casino’s party room (ages 21+) before heading to the game.
- Head to Backstage Alley near the 21c Museum Hotel and Nicholson's Tavern & Pub to enjoy a block party beginning at 11:00am with food, drinks, and a cornhole tournament.
- Many local bars have all-day parties, and some start at early as 7am! Igby's, MadTree Brewing Company, Moerlein Lager House, Rhinegeist Brewery, The Righteous Room, and The Stretch will be hosting parties this year.
Monday, April 2nd (Parade Day)
- Opening Day Parade Party at Washington Park - grab a spot to view the parade starting at 11am and enjoy games, live music, family-friendly activities, cold beverages, and delicious food.
- The Banks is hosting Opening Day 2.0 with live music from 11am-4pm with food and beverages available
- Head to Rhinegeist Brewery starting at 9am and enjoy brunch, live music, and fun on the rooftop.
- The oldest bar in Cincinnati, Arnold's Bar & Grill, will be having a parade party beginning at 9am.
Parking & Transportation
- Streets surrounding Findlay Market will close at 8am on Monday, April 2nd to allow for parade lineup.
- Around 11am, parade route streets and some nearby intersections and blocks will be closed to automobile traffic.
- Streets will reopen after the parade.
- If you want to park below or near Fountain Square – get there early!
- If you’re headed to Washington Park or the nearby blocks, try some of the lots along Central Parkway like the garage behind Music Hall at 1251 Central Parkway. There is a garage below the park, so if you arrive early enough you may get a spot.
- For viewing the route along Race Street, try some of the lots just east of Race along Elm St., Plum St. or Central Ave.
- To park in Northern Kentucky and walk or shuttle across the river, read about options “South of the Ohio River” in this article.
- Cincinnati’s bus system, Metro, will provide regular service but some downtown stops may be altered slightly due to the parade route.
- If you park in Covington or Newport, you can take the Southbank Shuttle across the river for just $1 to enjoy the day’s fun. The route will be restricted slightly due to the parade route, but it will drop you off nearby.
- The Cincinnati Bell Connector (streetcar) will be closed during setup and through the parade on Opening Day. It will begin operation no later than 4pm. Check their website for complete details.
Updated by Emily Lloyd