As the region reconnects with its past, craft breweries in the Cincinnati region abound where you can drink in our storied brewing heritage through local craft beer. Below is a sampling of breweries from around the region. Click here for a complete list of the 50+ local breweries.
Alexandria Brewing Company
Alexandria Brewing Company is a small town brewery with a taproom. Brewed in Cincinnati tradition, proudly made in Kentucky.
Bad Tom Smith Brewing
Bad Tom Smith, named for an infamous outlaw, offers a laid back tap room and beer garden with 12 beers on tap served by passionate bartenders who will share the story of both the outlaw and their brewery. Stay for a few and enjoy a board game or catch a sporting event on the big screen.
Bircus Brewing Company
The surreal world of circus meets the simple love of beer at Bircus Brewing Company. Witness a jaw-dropping, thirst-defying brewery experience. Raise a glass, see a circus, and toast to all.
Christian Moerlein Brewing Company's Malt House Tap Room
Located in the Over-the-Rhine brewery district, step into Christian Moerlein Brewing Company's Malt House Tap Room and sample several varieties of craft brews, then tour the brewing facility and learn about the history of the building and the brewery district.
In the neighborhood: Washington Park offers fun for the whole family, so bring the kids and the dog! Just a short drive away is the William Howard Taft National Historic Site – the childhood home of the 27th President of the United States.
Darkness Brewing is a Bellevue, KY neighborhood brewery and taproom open 7 days a week with kitchen serving food 5 days a week. Darkness specializes in brewing dark and experimental beer styles.
Fifty West Brewing Company
Fifty West has an entire campus of options to explore that include a brew pub serving lunch, dinner, and Sunday brunch, plus the Production Works tap room with adjacent volleyball courts, bike and canoe rental.
MadTree Brewing Company
Sip on a freshly brewed beer while enjoying pizza from Catch-A-Fire Cafe at MadTree Brewing Company's massive indoor taproom and outdoor beer garden.
Rhinegeist is a popular local brewery with a large tap room and outdoor rooftop deck. Occupying an historic building, the taproom is well-lit by skylights during the day, has two-story tall columns and interesting artwork adorning the walls. There's also ample space for ping pong, cornhole, and special events. Sip a pint while enjoying the 360-degree views from the rooftop deck (weather permitting).
In the neighborhood: Grad some food and local goods at nearby Findlay Market, and be sure to leave time for a visit to Betts House – Ohio’s oldest brick house featuring ongoing history and architecture exhibits.
Rivertown Brewing Company
Located in the basement of a former church in Cincinnati's eclectic Northside neighborhood, Urban Artifact brews sour and wild beers, plus offers live entertainment most evenings.
West Side Brewing
Appropriately named, West Side Brewing is a popular westside hangout that's fun for the whole family with games, TVs, ample tables, and a dozen or more beers and ciders.
Wooden Cask Brewing Company
Wooden Cask Brewing Company features a 2,000 square foot tap room, wood repurposed from six bowling lanes on site was used for the bar top.
- Sundry and Vice – Try a mezcal and root beer high ball or a house cocktail like Spin the Bottle with bonded bourbon, amaretto, lemon, ginger and egg white at this apothecary-themed bar in Over-the-Rhine.
- Bar at Palm Court – Relax with a glass of hand-selected Four Roses Bourbon in Art Deco style.
- Coppin's – South of the river in Covington, try a Open the Roebling made with bourbon, blueberry Champagne shrub, ginger, lemon and Jamaican #1 bitters.
- Somm Wine Bar – Sip on Somm sangria while on the vacation-like patio; or try something new like Sage Against the Machine, a cocktail comprised of gin, sage simple syrup and fever tree tonic.
- The Overlook Lodge – Named after the hotel in Stephen King's "The Shining," the cocktail menu continues the theme with drinks like Writer's Block (bourbon and apple-berry sweet tea) and Redrum Returns (cruzan dark rum, strawberry clove puree, citrus, soda and cranberry bitters).
- The Hannaford - Cocktail lounge in the historic Mutual Building in Covington, KY.
- Ripple Wine Bar - Located in a 100-year old space with high ceilings, original beams, exposed brick, black and white hexagon penny tile, and a long, hang-crafted butcher block bar. They also offer small plates artfully created.