Bad Tom Smith, named for an infamous outlaw, offers a laid back tap room and beer garden with 12 beers on tap served by passionate bartenders who will share the story of both the outlaw and their brewery. Stay for a few and enjoy a board game or catch a sporting event on the big screen. Open Wednesday through Sunday.
Located in the Over-the-Rhine brewery district. Step into this 19th century tap room to sample several varieties of craft brews, then tour the brewing facility and learn about the history of the building and the brewery district. Open Wednesday-Sunday.
In the neighborhood: Washington Park offers fun for the whole family, so bring the kids and the dog! Just a short drive away is the William Howard Taft National Historic Site - the childhood home of the 27th President of the United States.
Fifty West has an entire campus of options to explore that include a brew pub serving lunch, dinner, and Sunday brunch, plus their Production Works tap room with adjacent volleyball courts, bike and canoe rental. Open daily.
Sip on a freshly brewed beer while enjoying pizza from Catch-A-Fire Cafe at MadTree's massive indoor taproom and outdoor beer garden. Open daily.
Rhinegeist is a popular local brewery with a large tap room and outdoor rooftop deck. Occupying an historic building, the taproom is well-lit by skylights during the day, has 2-story tall columns and interesting artwork adorning the walls. There's also ample space for ping pong, cornhole, and special events. Sip a pint while enjoying the 360 degree views from the rooftop deck (weather permitting).
In the neighborhood: Grad some food and local goods at nearby Findlay Market, and be sure to leave time for a visit to Betts House: Ohio’s oldest brick house featuring ongoing history and architecture exhibits.
Appropriately named, this popular westside hangout is fun for the whole family with games, TVs, ample tables, and a dozen or more beers and ciders. Open daily.
- Sundry and Vice – Try a mezcal and root beer high ball or a house cocktail like Spin the Bottle with bonded bourbon, amaretto, lemon, ginger and egg white at this apothecary-themed bar in Over-the-Rhine.
- Bar at Palm Court – Relax with a glass of hand-selected Four Roses Bourbon in Art Deco style.
- Coppin's – South of the river in Covington, try a Open the Roebling made with bourbon, blueberry Champagne shrub, ginger, lemon and Jamaican #1 bitters.
- Somm Wine Bar – Sip on Somm sangria while on the vacation-like patio; or try something new like Sage Against the Machine, a cocktail comprised of gin, sage simple syrup and fever tree tonic.
- Myrtle's Punch House – Gather with friends over a bowl of handcrafted punch. There are always four unique punches made with fresh ingredients and available by the bowl, glass or flight.
- The Overlook Lodge – Named after the hotel in Stephen King's "The Shining," the cocktail menu continues the theme with drinks like Writer's Block (bourbon and apple-berry sweet tea) and Redrum Returns (cruzan dark rum, strawberry clove puree, citrus, soda and cranberry bitters).