- On Friday, September 4, experience a free, drive-in style theater performance presented by Cincinnati Shakespeare Company in the parking lot of Cincinnati Museum Center.
- Kentucky Symphony Orchestra concludes their outdoor summer series on Saturday, September 5 at 7:30pm at Tower Park Amphitheater. Bring your lawn chairs and relax while you enjoy this performance featuring the KSO Boogie Band and vocalists spinning seven decades of pop classics. Bring your own picnic or purchase items from on-site food trucks.
- Head north to Waynesville, Ohio to enjoy the annual Labor Day Weekend Airshow & Fly-in at Red Stewart Airfield on Saturday, September 5.
- Watch the Kentucky Derby on the big screen at Newport on the Levee's Bridgeview Box Park Saturday, September 5.
- Tune your TV to Channel 12/WKRC at 9:00pm on Sunday, September 6 to view the WEBN fireworks display that will be launched from an undisclosed location. The official Riverfest celebration along the riverfront has been canceled do to the pandemic.
Stroll and shop at these open-air markets
- Findlay Market - The market and the outdoor biergarten are open six days a week (closed Monday). Browse the farmers market vendors as well as the permanent vendors inside the market house.
- Westside Market - This monthly market pop-up takes place in Downtown Cheviot on Saturday, September 5.
- Art on Vine - On Sunday, September 6 this popular market returns to Fountain Square with around 60 vendors featuring handmade and artistic goods.
Enjoy the Great Outdoors
There are plenty ways to relax and reconnect safely with friends and family in the great outdoors this holiday weekend. Grab some takeout and a frisbee and head to one of the many parks in the region that offer majestic views and ample green space.
While you're pedaling or strolling around, make a pit stop at Washington Park to view the CMF Outdoor Museum artwork that's on display through September 7th. And cool down with a beverage from the bar at the Washington Park Porch.
And don't forget to make reservations to enjoy a delicious meal on a lovely patio.
Celebrate the end of summer
- Consider some of these can't-miss things to do in the region.
- Let the kids explore, play or cool off at these kid-friendly attractions.
- Spend the day exploring the Ark Encounter including petting animals at the Ararat Ridge Zoo and ziplining at Eagle Aerial Adventures.
- Set sail aboard BB Riverboats on a sightseeing or dining cruise.
- Create your own beer adventure at some of the local craft breweries.
- Have fun without spending a dime at some of these free attractions.
Make a day (and night) of it