Western & Southern/WEBN Fireworks at Riverfest
The annual Western & Southern/WEBN Fireworks are the ultimate end-of-summer party in the Cincinnati region. The free family-friendly festival begins at Noon at Sawyer Point and Yeatman's Cove on Sunday, September 5, with Rozzi's Famous Fireworks wrapping up the evening around 9 p.m. with a fireworks display choreographed to a WEBN-curated playlist.
Plan to stake out your spot on either side of the river early and make a day of it. Along with Sawyer Point/Yeatman's Cove, popular viewing areas on the Ohio side include the Serpentine Wall and Smale Riverfront Park along the river, Mt. Adams on the hill just east of downtown, and Mt. Echo Park a few miles west of downtown. On the Kentucky side try the riverfront areas of Newport (below Newport on the Levee) and Covington (below the Roebling Suspension Bridge) or the Devou Park overlook in Park Hills.
- Catch the last weekend of Krohn Conservatory's Butterfly Show: Butterflies of Bali, which runs through September 6.
- Kentucky Symphony Orchestra concludes its free outdoor summer series on September 4 at Devou Park. Bring your lawn chairs and relax while you enjoy this performance featuring the KSO and the No Promises Vocal Band for an evening of pop hits from the 1920s to 2010s.
- Enjoy free live music during Friday Flow at Washington Park on September 3, or join the FC Cincinnati pre-match party on September 4 with music, food trucks and drinks.
- Cheer on the FC Cincinnati soccer team vs. Inter Miami CF at the new TQL Stadium; or root, root, root for the home team when the Cincinnati Reds welcome the Detroit Tigers to Great American Ball Park September 3-5.
- Dance along to free live music at Fountain Square during its summer Fifth & Vine Live music series on September 3 and 4.
- BB Riverboats sets sail with its Labor Day & Riverfest Fireworks Cruise on September 5.
Stroll and shop at these open-air markets
- Findlay Market
The market and the outdoor biergarten are open six days a week (closed Monday). Browse the farmers market vendors as well as the permanent vendors inside the market house and enjoy a locally crafted beer in the biergarten to cool off.
- WestSide Market
This monthly market pop-up takes place in Downtown Cheviot on September 4.
- Art on Vine
On September 5 this popular market returns to Fountain Square with upwards of 80 vendors featuring handmade and artistic goods.
Enjoy the great outdoors
There are plenty ways to relax and reconnect safely with friends and family in the great outdoors this holiday weekend.
- Grab some takeout and a frisbee and head to one of the many parks in the region that offer majestic views and ample green space.
- Stroll through downtown Cincinnati and see how many murals you can spot along the way. Not in downtown? There are more than 180 ArtWorks murals throughout the region to enjoy.
- Rent a Red Bike and breeze along the riverfront areas or throughtout the surrounding communities.
- And don't forget to make reservations to enjoy a delicious meal on a lovely patio.
Celebrate the end of summer
- Consider some of these can't-miss things to do in the region.
- Let the kids explore, play or cool off at these kid-friendly attractions.
- Spend the day exploring the Ark Encounter including petting animals at the Ararat Ridge Zoo and ziplining at Eagle Aerial Adventures.
- Create your own beer adventure at some of the local craft breweries.
- Have fun without spending a dime at some of these free attractions.
Make a day (and night) of it
Whether you're a local planning a staycation or coming in for the long weekend, click here to find a place to stay for your weekend getaway.