The Cincinnati region has a variety of options if you want to try ziplining. I've tried all of them, and each one offers something a little different. Ziplining is a great way to connect with nature while also adding some adventure to your day.
Offers five different tour options (including a nighttime option) and is open seven days a week year-round. The River Tour takes you on a 1,000+-foot-long zipline over the Little Miami River. (You can read more about my experience here.)
Riders must be at least 10 years old and weigh between 80 and 260 pounds.
You can zipline indoors at this trampoline park. I love that you are also given the option to go upside down. Riders can reach speeds up to 20 miles per hour at a height of three stories up. You can enjoy other activities such as the trampoline arena and the rockwall during your visit, too. (You can read more about our experience here.)
You must be three years old, over 35 pounds and under 250 pounds to zipline.
Great sky bridges and a 660-foot-long zipline over the three-acre lake, plus the 1,800-foot-long Mega Zip with two lines that can be used for racing. (You can read more about our experience here.)
Zip line and free fall participants must be eight years of age, but you’re never too old! Aerial Adventure Park (a series of challenges up to 45 feet in the air) participants can be as young as five years old.
Tips to know before you go:
- Search for coupons and discounts online. Try eReach, Groupon, Living Social and Cincy Savers.
- Make a reservation so that you are guaranteed your preferred time slot. Some places do not accept walk ins.
- Wear closed-toe shoes and comfortable clothes because the harnesses can make your shorts ride up.
- Bring your GoPro or attach your camera in a lanyard bag if you want to take pictures. Depending on where you zipline, you might need your hands for braking.
- Arrive early for check in, to get your gear and to receive safety instructions.
- Double check age and weight requirements before you go.
- Trust your equipment. It will hold you, I promise! Once you trust your equipment, you can relax a little and enjoy the opportunity to enjoy nature from a different perspective.
- Have Fun!