Where We're Located
Aronoff Center for the Arts
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Phone: --Get Directions
Dates and Times
This concert brings together two older Dayton Contemporary Dance Company masterworks and two new masterworks: Vespers (premiered 1986), Ulysses Dove's touching poetic tribute to womanhood; On the Wings of Angels (premiered 1996), Warren Spear's soaring tribute to the Tuskegee airmen; Indestructible (Premiered 2018), Abby Zbikowski's tribute to the endurance of those who struggle for justice; and a new work by DCDC's Chief Artistic Administrator & Producing Director, Debbie Blunden-Diggs.
- On the Wings of Angels – a fitting tribute to the wartime efforts of the Tuskegee Airmen, choreographed by Warren Spears, following early training to the time the “Red Tails” become airborne.
- Vespers – captures the passion and spirituality of women who have a faith and belief in God that sustains and support them all their lives. The work is a recreation of the spirit Ulysses Dove got from watching these women in church and is dedicated to his grandmother.
- Indestructible – a very physically demanding work by choreographer Abby Zbikowski, describing the irrepressible resistance to injustice. It’s a unique witness to the power of dance to wield sheer athleticism and poetry.
- Num3r8tions – a new work choreographed by Debbie Blunden-Diggs, in tribute to DCDC’s next 50 years.
- Post-Show dancer talkback each night.