THE SEARCH IS ON!
Cincinnati’s Hospitality Industry Is Strong & Resilient.
Job Openings and Resources:
- OhioMeansJobs.com - Searches can be filtered by hotel and food services in the Cincinnati region.
- The Northern Kentucky Career Center offers job searches, job events and training and development services in the Northern Kentucky region.
- Visit HCareers.com, LinkedIn and Indeed.com to see hundreds of the hotel, restaurant and hospitality positions and opportunities in the Cincinnati region.
- Hotels, attractions and restaurants are hosting many individual hiring events and employment fairs. Check with each individual organization and Facebook groups for hiring needs.
- Connect with the Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber, Northern Kentucky Chamber, African American Chamber, Hispanic Chamber and Chinese Chamber additional employment events.
Why Choose a Career in Hospitality?
Statistics from U.S. Travel
- 40% of workers who start in travel earn at least $100,000 – double what is found in healthcare.
- Those who start in tourism ultimately earn higher wages in their careers.
- Frontline travel jobs are an integral part of workforce development. Hospitality employees advance quickly, with U.S. hotels reporting that new-hire hourly employees are eligible for promotion within their first year of employment.
- Travel supports professional careers. More than 53% of all U.S. Travel industry workers earn middle-class wages or higher with careers paths ranging from HR, accounting, engineers, chefs, sales, designers, marketing, IT, landscapers, security and more.
- Nearly 1/3 of workers who are working part-time while furthering their education are employed in tourism related jobs.
Dan Lincoln Institute of Hospitality Leadership (IHL)
- The IHL is a regional talent development initiative that advances diverse students and professionals into managerial roles within the hospitality and tourism segment. This unique education program is designed to prepare students for rewarding careers in hospitality and develop a more highly skilled and diverse workforce for the Cincinnati region’s travel and tourism industry.
- The Cincinnati USA CVB mobilized key stakeholders, decision-makers and advocates in the region’s hospitality community to collaboratively move the industry forward and demonstrate the breadth, impact and cohesiveness of hospitality throughout Cincinnati.
- Dan Lincoln Institute of Hospitality Leadership – Visit CincyUSA.com/IHL for more info.
- Ohio Tourism Works - https://issuu.com/ohiotravelassoc/docs/ohtourismworks
- US Travel Association Covid-19 Toolkit and Research - https://www.ustravel.org/toolkit/covid-19-travel-industry-research