The land for this park was acquired by the City in 1959 as a part of the water treatment plant land acquisition. This 15 acre park was developed in 1985 into an active park.
Amenities include the following:
- Two asphalt surface enclosed tennis courts. City sponsored clinics are conducted at the courts and have priority use.
- Color coated asphalt surface basketball court.
- Playground contains crumb rubber surface and timber edging. There are 3 pieces of play equipment (including a tot lot)plus swing sets.
- The concrete masonry picnic shelter with picnic tables, grills and drinking fountain.
- Wooded area: Natural wooded area w/ dirt trails.
- Two clay infield ball fields with concrete masonry dugouts and backstops. The balls fields may be reserved through Boone County Parks Department (859) 334-2117.
- Concrete masonry restroom building has storage and drinking fountain.