Acquired in 2002, Fischer Development donated 9.5 acres and the City purchased an adjoining 1.5 acres to make this active 11 acre park. The park is located in the Orleans North subdivision on the west side of the city. The Park Master Plan recommends development of a gazebo and fishing pier.
Facilities include the following:
- Concrete masonry shelter with 6 picnic tables, a grill, drinking fountain and temporary restrooms (port-o-let). The shelter may be reserved once a day through the City of Florence Parks and Recreation Department. The fee is $25 non-refundable and must be paid within three (3) business days after making the reservation. -Node not found, check the node id you entered-or contact Park and Recreation Department at (859) 647-5439. To schedule reservations download the Park Shelter Reservation Form from the city's web site or call Florence Parks and Recreation at (859) 647-5439. Payment must be made at the Florence Government Center payable to "City of Florence". A receipt will be provided and should be taken on the reserved day as proof of payment should the shelter be occupied at the time of your arrival. For any problems contact Florence Police Department at (859) 371-1234.
- Playground contains two pieces of play equipment, swing set, trapeze bar and benches built on a poured-in-place surface.
- Bridge that leads to a sled hill.
- Asphalt color coated surface basketball court.
- Open space that may be used as an athletic field. The city conducts its sports camp at this facility during the summer months.
- Asphalt color coated surface tennis court with a backboard.
- Sand volleyball court
- Stocked lake with catch and release rule.
- Asphalt paved walking trail.