This 42 acre park located on the west side of the city was originally planned as part of Farmview Subdivision Approval (mid 1980s). The developer donated five acres to the City in 1997 and 37 acres in late 2000. The park has a nautical theme and is the largest city park.
Current amenities include the following:
- Concrete masonry shelter with 6 picnic tables, a grill, drinking fountain and temporary restroom (port-o-let). The shelter may be reserved once a day through the City of Florence Parks and Recreations Department. The fee is $25 non-refundable and must be paid within three (3) business days after making the reservation. -Node not found, check the node id you entered- or contact Park and Recreations Department at (859)647-5439. To schedule reservations download the Park Shelter Reservation Form from the city's web site or call Florence Parks and Recreation at (859) 647-5439. Click here to download. Payment must be made at the Florence Government Center payable to "City of Florence". A receipt will be provided and should be taken on the reserved day as proof of payment should the shelter be occupied at the time of your arrival. For any problems contact Florence Police Department at (859) 371-1234.
- Playground contains two pieces of play equipment one for ages 2-5 and the other for ages 5-12, swing set and spring rockers built on a poured-in-place surface.
- Sand volleyball court & concrete basketball court
- 210’ x 8’ wide pedestrian bridge: Steel structure with rough cut lumber planking and rails.
- Asphalt bike path consists of 2,720 linear feet.
- Asphalt entry drive is 1320 linear feet with a 50 car parking lot.
- Log dam habitat improvements in creek are maintained by Florence Water & Sewer.
- Natural wooded and meadow areas.
- Mounded earthen sculpture is constructed of topsoil for open play area.