Stringtown Park is located on Kentucky Route 18 (Burlington Pike) between Kathryn and Wallace Avenues on 8 acres in the eastern section of the City. The City purchased the property in the spring of 2001 from the estate of Isabella Schmidt. It is the newest neighborhood park that was named in a city-wide contest. The playground has a Camelot theme.
Amenities include the following:
- Playground consists of play structures, climbing station and swing sets built on poured-in-place surfacing.
- Asphalt paved color coated basketball court.
- Four fitness stations with two pieces of outdoor exercise equipment in each for use by all populations funded by Land and Water Conservation Fund Grant.
- Asphalt paved trail funded by Land and Water Conservation Fund Grant and Division of Waste Management Crumb Rubber Grant.
- Concrete masonry shelter with 6 picnic tables, grill, drinking fountain and temporary restroom (port-o-let). The shelter may be reserved once a day through the City of Florence Parks and Recreation Department. The fee is $25 non-refundable and must be paid within three (3) business days after making the reservation. To schedule reservations download the Park Shelter Reservation Form from the City's web site or call Florence Parks and Recreation at (859) 647-5439. Click here to download. Payment must be made at the Florence Government Center payable to "City of Florence". A receipt will be provided and should be taken on the reserved day as proof should the shelter be occupied at the time of your arrival. For any problems contact Florence Police Department at (859) 371-1234.
- Parking lot of 30 spaces.
- Landscaped buffer and berms
- Open Green Space
- Temporary restrooms (port-o-let).
- Two concrete cornhole sets (bring your own bags).
- Shaded quiet area with crumb rubber surface.
- Sand volleyball court.
- Seat Wall