Built in 1823 by Jesse and Hannah Grant, additions to the home were made in 1825 and 1828, and many more times after it was sold in 1840's. Slated for demolition in the early 1980's, the property was saved by John and Judy Ruthven. Designated a National Historic Landmark, it was opened for visitors in 1982. Today, after extensive renovation, it is the property of the Ohio History Connection, and is managed by the US Grant Homestead Association.

Show more