The Waldschmidt Homestead is a fully-restored 1804 home on its original site. Built by Christian Waldschmidt, a Revolutionary War veteran, the homestead was settled as part of the Ohio frontier’s New Germany community (now Camp Dennison). Camp Dennison was the site of the Union army’s largest training installation. The property has been open for public tours since 1952, and is privately funded and operated by the Ohio Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution. Group tours of all ages are welcome. Educational programs, including a Boy Scout American Heritage Badge program, are available.Show more
Waldschmidt Homestead Historical Site
Where We're Located
7567 Glendale-Milford Road
Cincinnati, OH 45111
Phone: (513) 576-6327Get Directions
May-October (most Sundays), 1–5 p.m. (last tour begins at 4 p.m.). Group tours by appointment.
Admission is $5 adults; $2 students K-12; children under 5 admitted at no charge.