After more than a decade of successfully marketing the Cincinnati region as a leisure tourism destination to active family travelers during the peak season of May through August, the RTN has partnered with ArtsWave, the planner, promoter and fundraiser for the arts throughout the Cincinnati region to expand the season, message and audience.
The cultural tourism collaboration is a multi-year momentum-building initiative to build awareness, engagement, visitation and reputation. It is the Cincinnati region's FIRST regional leisure tourism marketing campaign promoting arts and cultural entertainment.
- Funding is $3 million over three years - RTN's contribution is $1.5 million and ArtsWave raises match.
- Primary sectors included in the campaign are performing arts, visual arts, museums, culinary, festivals & events and tours.
- Outer market campaign is 67% of total investment annually with local legacy marketing initiatives comprising the remaining 33%, September - December 2016-2018.
- The outer market campaign promotes within the 100- to 500-mile radius of the Cincinnati region, targeting Experience & Knowledge Seekers.
- The local family campaign promotes within a 50-mile radius, targeting families with children.